Monday, November 11, 2013

Product Review: Build A Sign's Vinyl Banner (5 out of 5 Corgi Paws)

I was approached by Rorey Edwards, Brand Manager of BuildASign.com  to create and review either a 3ft x 6ft vinyl banner25 bumper car magnets, or 50 bumper stickers from BuildASign.com.  This was such an exciting opportunity for me personally!  



My daughter is a senior and a member of the Harford Tech Varsity Cheer team and we have lots of spirit but we didn't have a professional banner for our team!  Yes, we do have lots of posters (handmade with love) but a banner always stands out, especially when you move on to regional and state competitions.   Our team is a former State Champion from for the Winter 2012 season!  Our team also made it all the way to the State level for the Winter 2013 season.

This past season, that ended on November 9, 2013, we competed at the regional level.   Proudly displayed was our new banner from BuildaSign.com.  The banner was a surprise to the team, so when I was let into the competition our coach's husband had already placed our posters up,  but luckily their was room to display it but not as high as I wanted it to be displayed!  That's ok, when the coach and the team saw it they were so shocked!!!  The winter season starts this week, so when we go to our first competition in January our banner will be placed high with PRIDE!




Use of the BuildASign.com website was very easy to understand and to navigate.  I registered and in less than 15 minutes I had designed my banner.  BuildASign.com has clipart that you can use for your printing project or you can upload your own.  Just remember that your image must meet certain requirements (or they will be happy to help you to create a logo or assist you with your existing logo):

- Must be less than 20MB in size
- Must be an EPS, JPG, TIF, BMP, GIF, PNG, PDF file type
I was able to get my hands on our new Cobra logo, which really made the banner unique!

My banner arrived in about 10 days, which was great because we were on a huge time constraint.  I was SO excited, that I wouldn't even show my daughter because I wanted her to be just as excited as all the other girls, when she first saw it hanging up on the wall!

The banner came packaged in a sturdy box which is awesome for carrying it to and from competitions and then can be used for storage during the off-season.  The banner is made from heavy weight vinyl with grommets in each corner.  I just grabbed some of those removable hanging clips to hang the banner!  The banner is so beautiful.  The fonts and size of the lettering is exactly the way I wanted it.  What you see on your computer screen is exactly what you will get!   

BuildASign.com does have several different banner hangers that the banner can be hung inside or outside.

This banner will last the team a LONG time!!    I am just sad that at the end of the winter cheer season, we will be handing it off to the younger cheerleaders because our time will be over as a high school cheer family.

Not only does BuildASign.com have banners, they also have signs, car magnets, bumper stickers, decals, business cards, flyers, and retractable banners. If you are a new business, club, or team -- BuildASign.com is a one stop website to get everything you need to get your NAME out to the public!

Before I placed my order, I did browse their customer reviews and knew I was in good hands.

This post was written by me (Kim Holsapple aka Frugal MD Mom Corgi Mom).  Thank you to BuildASign.com who provided the complimentary product for my review.  The opinions I shared are my own, and BuildASign did not tell me what to say or how to say it.

1 comment:

sign said...

I very much agree with what you wrote in this article, this is information that I had been looking for, thank you because you are willing to share with us.

Reflective Vinyl